100%+ RDI/RDA from Foods Diet
Sample Menu Providing Close to 6x the Daily RDI/RDA for Each Essential Nutrient from Nutrient-Dense Food Sources
- 19% of calories from protein
- 57% of calories from carbohydrates
- 24% of calories from fat
- Average percentage of RDI/RDA for 41 essential nutrients: 575% RDI/RDA (which could be pushed closer to 6x the RDI/RDA with additional water intake and sun exposure)
- 14 Vitamins: A, C, *D, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, **Biotin, **Choline, Folate
- 15 Minerals: Calcium, **Chloride **Chromium, Copper, **Fluoride, **Iodine, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, **Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Selenium, Zinc, Potassium, Sodium
- 9 Amino Acids: Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine
- 2 Essential Fatty Acids: Omega 3, Omega 6
- *Sunlight should be considered a nutrient, because our skin produces many other healthful photoproducts from sunlight, in addition to Vitamin D. There are numerous factors involved in the amount of vitamin D that our skin produces during a 30 minute walk or jog outside in the sun. For the above calculation, 1200 IU/day of vitamin D from sunlight, obtained during a 30 minute walk or jog outside, was also included in the figure.
- **There is insufficient data available in the major nutrition databases on the nutrient content of foods for these seven nutrients (Chloride, Chromium, Biotin, Choline, Fluoride, Iodine and Molybdenum). The data for the remaining 34 nutrients (for which data on nutrient levels of most foods is available) was included in the above figure.
Data source: Cronometer.com
- Log your daily food intake for free on Cronometer.com, to check your current average weekly intake for protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber and water.
- Whfoods.com: 7 days of recipes supplying 100%+ of Daily Value (DV) for 18 or more nutrients from foods, not nutritional supplements.