Vision Improvement Therapy and the Field of Behavioral Optometry
Video Playlist: Vision Improvement Therapy (Behavioral Optometry)
Vision Improvement Information, Websites, Practitioners and Books
Vision Improvement Practitioners and Information
- College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- Tahomaclinic.com: Prevent, Stop or Reverse Vision Loss
- Introduction to the Bates Method
Vision Improvement Books
Books on Nutrition for Vision Health and Vision Improvement
- What You Must Know About Food and Supplements for Optimal Vision Care: Ocular Nutrition Handbook, by Jeffrey Ansel, OD, 2015. Dr. Ansel received his Bachelor of Science in Visual Science and his Doctorate of Optometry from the Illinois College of Optometry. While in the US Navy, he established the Navy’s first vision therapy center located in San Diego, California. Upon his return to civilian life, Dr. Anshel went into private practice, offering his patients alternative therapies as part of their vision care. Today, in addition to his practice, Dr. Anshel is president of Corporate Vision Consulting and is the founder and president of the Ocular Nutrition Society.
- Smart Medicine for Your Eyes: A Guide to Natural, Effective, and Safe Relief of Common Eye Disorders, by Jeffrey Ansel, OD, 2011.
Books on Vision Exercises and Better Vision Habits for Vision Health and Vision Improvement
- Seeing is Achieving: Improve Your Child's Chances for Success, by Donald Getz, O.D., F.C.O.V.D., F.A.A.O, 1999. Dr. Getz is a world renowned behavioral optometrist, international speaker and author of five textbooks and countless journal articles on the subject of Vision Therapy for Learning Disabilities, Strabismus, and Sports Vision. He has appeared on many national television programs and is Consultant to numerous school districts and professional athletes. Dr. Getz is Associate Professor at the Southern California College of Optometry, served as President of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development, as well as Visual Consultant to the U.S. Olympic Team. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and maintains a private practice in Van Nuys, California.
- "Hi. I'm Dr. Donald Getz. Everyone is born with two eyes and they must learn from a very young age how to make those eyes work together. Some children learn to do this properly while others do not. Coordinating the eyes is just one of 60 different visual skills which greatly effect your life. For those individuals with underdeveloped visual skills, they can end up struggling through life with Learning Problems, being misdiagnosed as having ADD, ADHD, or Dyslexia, even being picked last on the sports team... all of which can have a devastating effect on one's ability, confidence and self-esteem. Surprisingly enough, one of the least important visual skills is how well you can see an eye chart at 20 feet. This is called visual acuity, or 20/20 eyesight. How well a child sees at 20 feet has little to do with how vision functions at 11-16 inches, the distance at which he or she Reads and Learns. I firmly believe that the Snellen eye chart, which measures visual acuity, actually does more harm than good. It gives both parents and teachers a false sense of security that vision is normal. People who excel in life often do so because they have better vision. It happens in Academics, in the Workplace, and if you are an Athlete, these visual skills can mean the difference between good performance and great performance. It's no secret, superior athletes possess superior vision skills. The good news is that vision is Learned, therefore vision is Trainable. The eyes can be taught to work better through vision therapy techniques, simple exercises, and proper nutrition."
- "I have dedicated my career to giving people options for better lives through improved vision, and I invite you to read 'Seeing Is Achieving: Improve Your Child's Chances For Success.' Whether you are a parent, teacher, or athlete, there is a lot about vision that you need to know. Get the facts. Take the time to learn. I have no doubt it will be one of the best decisions you ever make."
- Eyepower: An Updated Report on Vision Therapy, by Ann Hoopes and Stanley Appelbaum, OD, FCOVD, 2009. "'Eye Power' is a must read to help open doors of insight and help gain answers for those who struggle with ADHD, Autism, Acquired Brain Injury, sports and learning. 'Eye Power' can help turn your challenges into success! Enjoy this very easy to read book that can greatly improve your family and friends quality of life. Learn how a reluctant reader can become an avid reader by doing the procedures described in this book."
- The Bates Method for Better Vision Without Glasses - A tested method for improving vision by the doctor who originated and perfected it, by William Bates, MD, 1981.
- Yoga For Your Eyes: Natural Vision Improvement Exercises, DVD and Instruction Booklet, by Meir Schneider, PhD, LMT. "You can improve your vision -- without glasses or expensive surgery. Meir Schneider is living proof. Born without sight, Schneider refused to surrender to his blindness and insteat began an intensive exploration of site and self-healing systems. On Yoga for Your Eyes, he shares the total approach for self-healing that he used to reverse his own blindness." Meir is the fonder and principal instructor of the School for Self-Healing in San Francisco.
- Relearning to See, by Thomas Quackenbush, 2000. "In this accessible presentation of the famous Bates method, Thomas R. Quackenbush (who teaches the Bates method in California and Oregon) describes how eyesight can improve naturally, at any age and regardless of heredity. This book is a wonderful tribute to the genius of Dr. Bates, who was a pioneer in discovering how vision becomes blurred and how it restores itself naturally to clarity and acuity. Now 80 years later, his findings and teachings remain light years ahead of our contemporaries. His approach to treating vision problems was truly holistic and the theme throughout this book is very much an extension of that holistic approach. Dr. Quackenbush is to be commended for his dedication in getting the truth out and keeping the torch burning in this 'bible" on vision improvement."
Books and Information on Healing Energy for Vision Health and Vision Improvement
- Healing is Voltage: Healing Eye Diseases, by Jerry Tennant, MD, MD(H), MD(P), FAAO, 2011. "In this book, Dr. Tennant explains how to reverse macular degeneration, glaucoma, and uveitis without the use of drugs and surgery. His discovery of how to reverse many of the blinding eye diseases will restore vision to many of those that would otherwise suffer with years of blindness."
- Utilizing the Brain, Healing Energy, and Biblical Faith to Promote Health and Healing
- Bible Verses on Healing