- Matthew 22:34-40: "34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.'"
- a. Deuteronomy 6:5: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
- b. Leviticus 19:18: Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
- Ephesians 4:31-32: "31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
- Galatians 5:22,23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
- 2nd Timothy 1:7: "For God did not give a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and of self-discipline."
- Matthew 6:14: “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”
- Colossians 3:13: "13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
- Luke 12:48: "...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."
- John 8:7-11: “7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 “No one, sir,” she said. “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
- John 10:10: "10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
- Matthew 6:9-13: "This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, you kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread, forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."
- Luke 23:34a "Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.'
Detailed information on the process of forgiveness...
- Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."