Books on Fertility, Pregnancy, and Children's Health
For men's health, women's health, children's health, and the promotion of fertility and healthy pregnancies
The below books provide different types of information, and each could be listed first on the list for different reasons.
Health Condition Reference Books with Information on Natural Healthcare for Fertility, Pregnancy, and Children's Health
- Textbook of Natural Medicine, by Joseph Pizzorno, ND, and Michael Murray, ND, 2020. Video and additional information on the authors and this book.
- The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Joseph Pizzorno, ND, and Michael Murray, ND, 2012.
- Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide, by Burton Goldberg, PhD (Honorary Doctorate Degree in Humanities for his healthcare research, publications and the many lives positively impacted, extended and saved with his research and work efforts), and over 400 contributing physicians. 2002.
- Nutritional Medicine, 2nd. Ed., by Alan Gaby, MD. 2017.
- Health Condition Reference Books
Books Primarily Focused on Natural Healthcare for Fertility, Pregnancy, and Children's Health
- The Natural Pregnancy Book, Third Edition: Your Complete Guide to a Safe, Organic Pregnancy and Childbirth with Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices, by Aviva Romm, MD, 2014.
- Women's Health, Volume 1: An Alternative Medicine Guide (Women's Health Series), by Burton Goldberg and 68 leading physicians, 1998.
- Women's Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine: Alternative Therapies and Integrative Medicine for Total Health and Wellness, by Tori Hudson, ND, LM, 2007.
- An Encyclopedia of Natural Healing for Children and Infants, by Mary Bove, ND, LM, 2001.
- Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child, by Janet Zand, OMD, LAc, Robert Roundtree, MD, and Rachel Walton, RN, 2003.
- Herbal Healing for Women, Herbal Healing for Men, and Herbs for Children's Health, by Rosemary Gladstar, herbalist, and founder of United Plant Savers.
- Herbs for Women's Health: Herbal Help for the Female Cycle from PMS to Menopause, by Mary Bove, ND, LM, and Linda Costarella, ND, LM, 1997.
- Herbal Formularies for Health Professionals, Volume 3: Endocrinology, including the Adrenal and Thyroid Systems, Metabolic Endocrinology, and the Reproductive Systems, by Jillian Stansbury, ND, 2019.
- Emerald City Naturopathic Clinic: Molly Niedermeyer, ND, LM. Dr. Niedermeyer is the former Dean of Women's and Children's Health at Bastyr University. Healthcare practitioners and students regularly train at Dr. Neidermeyer's clinic, which has over 900 active patients. See clinic handouts and health tips.
- Mary Bove, ND, LM. Dr. Bove is the former Dean of the Botanical Medicine and Naturopathic Midwifery at Bastyr University, and the author of two books listed above.
- Aviva Romm, MD, LM. See Dr. Romm's bio. Dr. Romm is the former President of the American Herbalists Guild and a mother of four children, who initial began college at 15 years of age, left college at 16 to become an herbalist and midwife, served as the president of one of the largest herbal groups in the U.S., then went back to school to complete her MD degree, after the children had grown up.
- Tori Hudson, ND, LM. Dr. Hudson received the Naturopathic Physician of the Year Award from the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians after the publication of her above listed book, Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine for Women's Health.
- Jillian Stansbury, ND. Dr. Stansbury is the author of the five volume textbook series, Herbal Formularies for Health Professionals, which received an award in 2022 from the American Botanical Council. Vol. 3 of the series: Endocrinology, Including the Adrenal and Thyroid Systems, Metabolic Endocrinology, and The Reproductive Systems. She is the former Chair of the Botanical Medicine department at National University of Natural Medicine, in Portland, Oregon, where she currently teaches, and she runs an herbal apothecary featuring many of her own formulas. Dr. Stansbury's websites.
- IMJournal.com: Preconception Planning
- NDNR.com: Female Infertility: Case Studies Using Naturopathic Interventions
- See also: Organic Food, Detoxification Information and Books, Videos and Information on Naturopathic Medicine and Naturopathic Medicine Fertility and Healthy Pregnancy Videos.